Last updated 25 May 2018
Your privacy is important to Live.
Processing of personal data by Live is subject to European data protection law, such as Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as transposed in the Member States of the EU and EEA.
1. Data controller
2. Purposes for which Live processes personal data
- Administering the customer relationship between you and Live, including by facilitating bookings, payments and performance of tours, and providing support to you;
- Making technical improvements, and maintaining the operability of the Site and Application;
- Ensuring the safety and security of our users, e.g. by verifying your identity, and documenting messages that are sent between users through the Site or Application;
- Investigating any incidents that may occur in connection with the services provided by Live or our Experience Providers;
- Providing you with relevant information, including confirmations and receipts of bookings and payments;
- Documentation of agreements entered into using the Site or Application;
- Pseudonomization of your personal data for the purpose of transferring anonymous data to third parties;
- Live may anonymize and aggregate your personal data for the purpose of developing statistics which Live may use in order to improve our service offerings, including by monitoring general use patterns on an aggregated level.
- Providing you with information relating to our services, promotions and
Live will only use your contact information for marketing purposes if you have consented to receiving marketing material from Live, and only in accordance with applicable law, including consumer protection laws and regulations.
3. Personal data processed by Live
If you have not registered an account with Live, we collect and process the following personal data when you use the Site or Application:
- Device data, such as MAC address and IMEI number;
- IP address;
- Metadata, such as the time of visit, duration of your session or type of Internet browser.
In addition to the above, if you have registered an account, we process the following personal data as uploaded by you to the Site or Application:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, and telephone number;
- Other personal information, such as your age, gender, country of residence and language;
- Pictures uploaded to the Site or Application through your account including your profile picture;
- Location data: information of your whereabouts while using the Site or Application;
- Payment information, such as credit card number and bank account number;
- Personal identity information such as passport expiry date, passport issuing country, national ID card or driver’s license;
- Communication data, such as the time and duration of communication between you users and the content of chat conversations.
4. The legal basis for processing your personal data
Device data, IP address and metadata are processed based on Live’s legitimate interest in improving your experience when visiting the Site or using the Application, pursuant to Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Under certain circumstances, Live may be obliged by law to process your personal data for specified purposes. Such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Live is subject, pursuant to Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR.
5. How we protect your privacy
All personal data processed by Live are encrypted, and Live has implemented security mechanisms in order to prevent data from being disclosed to unauthorised users.
7. Your rights
7.1 Right to access of information
You have the right to obtain a confirmation as to whether we are processing your personal data, for what purposes, what categories of personal data we are processing and with whom your personal data is shared, as well as the right to access your personal data that is being processed by Live. You have the right to request a copy of your personal data, which we are obligated to provide to you in a commonly used electronic form.
7.2 Right to rectification, erasure and objection
You have the right to require that incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate personal data is rectified or erased. The right to erasure also applies if the personal data is no longer necessary to achieve the purposes as defined in this policy, or if your personal data have been unlawfully processed by Live.
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data that is being processed on the basis of pursuing a legitimate interest of Live or a third party, unless Live or a third party has compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for such marketing purposes.
7.3 Right to data portability
With respect to Live’s processing of your personal data based on your consent or processing which is necessary to provide you the services, you have the right to data portability. The right to data portability means you may obtain the personal data you provide to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may also transmit that data to another entity without hindrance from Live. If technically feasible, Live will also transmit that data directly to another entity on your request.
7.4 Right to lodge a complaint
8. Direct marketing
If and to the extent you have consented to such use, Live may use your personal data for marketing purposes in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. This means that Live may use your personal data for the purposes of providing ads, newsletters and other marketing material regarding our services. We may contact you through the channels that you have agreed to, including by e-mail and phone.
If you no longer want us to send you market surveys or otherwise use your personal data for marketing purposes, you can opt out at any time by using the opt-out mechanisms provided on the Site or in the Application, or by telling us in any other way that you would like to opt out. Please note that opting out does not affect the lawfulness of Live’s processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
9. Anonymous profiling
Live may use anonymous profiling in our marketing activities. Such profiling may result in anonymous profiles based on information regarding your booking history and the searches you have made on the Site or Application. This is done to improve our service offerings by adjusting them to better suit your preferences and to generally improve our understanding of our users’ preferences. We do not make any decisions relevant to your rights or obligations based on such anonymous profiling.
10. Data storage and location
Live will not store your personal data longer than necessary for pursuing the purposes for which the data has been collected, unless we are required by law to store personal data for a longer period of time.
11. Data processors
From time to time, Live needs to share some of your personal data with our business partners or subcontractors who might process data on our behalf, such as payment services providers, travel agencies, travel guide organisations and partner hotels.
Live is responsible for entering into written data processor agreements with anyone who processes your personal data on our behalf, and for ensuring that all processing of your personal data is carried out in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Live will not transfer your personal data to other third parties without your prior consent, unless a situation occurs in which we are entitled by law to transfer personal data, or we are required by law to transfer your personal data to law enforcement or other public authorities.
12. Social plugins and links to third party services
The Site and Application offer social plugins through Facebook and Instagram (Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304. USA). Plugins normally show Facebook’s trademark.
Live also employs plugins from Google+ (Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA), Twitter (Twitter, Inc, 1355 Market St., Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103).
Further, you may choose to link your LIVE account with social media accounts such as Facebook or Instagram, if LIVE makes such options available through the Site or Application.
Social plugins and links to third party web sites and services may cause your personal data to be collected by the relevant third parties. We are not responsible for such third parties’ use of your personal data, and such processing will be subject to the relevant third parties’ own privacy policies. We encourage that you only use social plugins and third party integrations after familiarising yourself with the applicable privacy policies.
13. Supervisory Authority
If you believe we are processing your personal data in breach of relevant laws and regulations, you may lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
Phone: 22 39 69 00
Information Commissioner’s Office
Phone: 0303 123 1113
Phone: 33 19 32 00
Phone: 08-657 61 00
14. Changes and amendments